Member Service Representative (MSR)
To Apply and View the Full Job Description visit: https://www.indeed.com/job/member-service-representative-d35be6a63517e5db
TITLE: Member Service Representative Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Teller Manager
1. High school Diploma required or equivalent.
2. Customer (member) service experience preferred.
3. Strong communication skills are a plus, as well as verbal (face-to-face/telephone) interactions with members and staff are 90% of the position.
4. Strong analytical skills are required, particularly data driven analysis
5. Cash handling experience or ability to manage a cash drawer
6. Able to become a Notary of Public
Perform a wide range of transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with high accuracy. Maintain accurate transactional records. Provide a variety of member savings, share draft/checking, and credit account transactions, as well as assisting the Teller Manager with tasks that are delegated.
1. Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional, and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions.
2. Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records.
3. Cash share drafts/checks and process withdrawals; pay out money after verification of signatures and member balances.
4. Assist with mail transactions, when available.
5. Maintain an up-to-date comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules, and regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures.
6. Promote, explain, and cross-sell other credit union services such as consumer loans, IRA’s certificates, safe deposit boxes, debit and credit cards, online banking, mobile banking etc.
7. Receive mortgage, consumer loan, and other payments, and ensure the payments match balances due. Enter payments into computer. Generate member receipts.
8. Count, check, and package coins and currency.
9. Balance cash drawer midday and at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the Teller Manager as necessary.
10. Maintain knowledge of all Federal regulations that are applicable to the transactions performed in the cashier/teller area.
11. Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
12. Report malfunctions of teller computers and other equipment used at the teller station.
13. Check night depository bags and record proper information according to credit union procedures.
14. Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning credit union services or policies.
15. Respond to member’s requests, problems, and complaints, and/or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
16. Perform account maintenance on member accounts including debit cards, check orders and any other general maintenance.
17. Open/maintain membership accounts.
18. Scan checks for Check 21 administration.
19. Scan member files, forms, and assist with maintaining the file room.
20. Other duties as assigned.
1. Remain in a stationary (sitting or standing) position 75% of the time.
2. Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
3. Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Expected Hours of Work:
1. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are determined by the CFO and outlined in the Employee Handbook according to Hours of Operation. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
2. This position is non-exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position requires some travel to occasional seminars/learning opportunities and community events.
Required Education and Experience
- Highschool Diploma or GED/Equivalent.
Your Legacy Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.